2019 Diocesan Pro-Life Month Essay Contest
The Sacramento Life Center, in conjunction with the Diocesan Respect Life Office, offers six cash prizes for the best student answers to this question:
“Should religion be part of the
pro-life/abortion debate discussion?”
1. Contest is open to 7th – 12th graders in schools within the Sacramento area. The contest will be split into two age categories: 7th – 8th graders and 9th – 12th graders.
2. Essays must be between 300 and 500 words, typed and double spaced. Essays must be prepared entirely by the student. At the end of the essay the writer must include his or her name, address, phone number, grade, with the name of their school.
3. There will be three prizes in both age categories. First Prize $100.00; Second Prize $75.00 and Third Prize $50.00. A committee of Sacramento Life Center members, chaired by Professor James J. Murphy, Professor Emeritus University of California Davis, will select the six winners.
4. The essays must be submitted as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com. The deadline to submit essays is 5:00 P.M., Wednesday, October 30st, 2017.
5. Winning Essays will be displayed at Sacramento Life Center Gala on November 2nd. Award luncheon to be held at the Sacramento Life Center/date TBD.
Essay Contest Co-chairs:
Marie Leatherby, Executive Director of The Sacramento Life Center and Chris Owen, Director of the Office of Family and Faith Formation for the Diocese of Sacramento
Please contact Marie at 916 451-4357 or MarieL@saclife.org for more information.
More News & Events
As they say in the movie, TOP GUN, "Negative, ghost rider, the pattern is full." WELL, SO IS OUR BABY CLOSET!!! Thanks to the overwhelming donations at all 3 Leatherby's Family Creamery locations, the baby closet is now stuffed with over 16,000 diapers and 20,000 wipes. As Daddy Dave’s son, Alan... Read more
Our Board President Bill O’Keefe, has made the exciting announcement of our new clinic building purchase, the down payment made possible by Bill and his wife Mary, and our generous board members! What a blessing it will be! We look forward to keeping you informed on the remodel and refurbishing... Read more
SACRAMENTO – The Sacramento-area community came together to raise $90,000 for the Sacramento Life Center through three fundraisers this spring: the Baby Bottle Project, Mother’s Day Rose Sale and Walk for Life. The fundraisers benefited the group’s free medical services for low-income pregnant... Read more