2019 Diocesan Pro-Life Month Essay Contest
The Sacramento Life Center, in conjunction with the Diocesan Respect Life Office, offers six cash prizes for the best student answers to this question:
“Should religion be part of the
pro-life/abortion debate discussion?”
1. Contest is open to 7th – 12th graders in schools within the Sacramento area. The contest will be split into two age categories: 7th – 8th graders and 9th – 12th graders.
2. Essays must be between 300 and 500 words, typed and double spaced. Essays must be prepared entirely by the student. At the end of the essay the writer must include his or her name, address, phone number, grade, with the name of their school.
3. There will be three prizes in both age categories. First Prize $100.00; Second Prize $75.00 and Third Prize $50.00. A committee of Sacramento Life Center members, chaired by Professor James J. Murphy, Professor Emeritus University of California Davis, will select the six winners.
4. The essays must be submitted as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit essays is 5:00 P.M., Wednesday, October 30st, 2017.
5. Winning Essays will be displayed at Sacramento Life Center Gala on November 2nd. Award luncheon to be held at the Sacramento Life Center/date TBD.
Essay Contest Co-chairs:
Marie Leatherby, Executive Director of The Sacramento Life Center and Chris Owen, Director of the Office of Family and Faith Formation for the Diocese of Sacramento
Please contact Marie at 916 451-4357 or MarieL@saclife.org for more information.
More News & Events
By going to www.igive.com/fbkp2 and signing up on your computer devices, the Sacramento Life Center will receive a percentage of each purchase you make at over 1800 online stores. The steps to sign up are fast and simple and you can give to the Sacramento Life Center all year long just by shopping... Read more
Every year, we publish our annual report to share with you everything that we have accomplished together for women and their children. Please enjoy viewing our newly published annual report by scrolling through it below. We're incredibly thankful for all of our donors!Read more