2019 Diocesan Pro-Life Month Essay Contest
The Sacramento Life Center, in conjunction with the Diocesan Respect Life Office, offers six cash prizes for the best student answers to this question:
“Should religion be part of the
pro-life/abortion debate discussion?”
1. Contest is open to 7th – 12th graders in schools within the Sacramento area. The contest will be split into two age categories: 7th – 8th graders and 9th – 12th graders.
2. Essays must be between 300 and 500 words, typed and double spaced. Essays must be prepared entirely by the student. At the end of the essay the writer must include his or her name, address, phone number, grade, with the name of their school.
3. There will be three prizes in both age categories. First Prize $100.00; Second Prize $75.00 and Third Prize $50.00. A committee of Sacramento Life Center members, chaired by Professor James J. Murphy, Professor Emeritus University of California Davis, will select the six winners.
4. The essays must be submitted as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit essays is 5:00 P.M., Wednesday, October 30st, 2017.
5. Winning Essays will be displayed at Sacramento Life Center Gala on November 2nd. Award luncheon to be held at the Sacramento Life Center/date TBD.
Essay Contest Co-chairs:
Marie Leatherby, Executive Director of The Sacramento Life Center and Chris Owen, Director of the Office of Family and Faith Formation for the Diocese of Sacramento
Please contact Marie at 916 451-4357 or MarieL@saclife.org for more information.
More News & Events
SPONSORSHIP & REGISTRATION HERE We have amazing Live & Online Silent Auctions plus unbeatable Raffle Items. You need not to be present to win! CLICK HERE for a preview of our auction and raffle items It's not too late to place and ad or donate to the auction!Read more
As local low-income women and teens spend the holidays preparing to become new moms in the coming year, the Sacramento Life Center is holding a Baby Basket Drive through Dec. 31 so it can continue to provide a basket of needed items to every patient who gives birth in 2019. Gifts can be made in any... Read more