2019 Diocesan Pro-Life Month Essay Contest
The Sacramento Life Center, in conjunction with the Diocesan Respect Life Office, offers six cash prizes for the best student answers to this question:
“Should religion be part of the
pro-life/abortion debate discussion?”
1. Contest is open to 7th – 12th graders in schools within the Sacramento area. The contest will be split into two age categories: 7th – 8th graders and 9th – 12th graders.
2. Essays must be between 300 and 500 words, typed and double spaced. Essays must be prepared entirely by the student. At the end of the essay the writer must include his or her name, address, phone number, grade, with the name of their school.
3. There will be three prizes in both age categories. First Prize $100.00; Second Prize $75.00 and Third Prize $50.00. A committee of Sacramento Life Center members, chaired by Professor James J. Murphy, Professor Emeritus University of California Davis, will select the six winners.
4. The essays must be submitted as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit essays is 5:00 P.M., Wednesday, October 30st, 2017.
5. Winning Essays will be displayed at Sacramento Life Center Gala on November 2nd. Award luncheon to be held at the Sacramento Life Center/date TBD.
Essay Contest Co-chairs:
Marie Leatherby, Executive Director of The Sacramento Life Center and Chris Owen, Director of the Office of Family and Faith Formation for the Diocese of Sacramento
Please contact Marie at 916 451-4357 or MarieL@saclife.org for more information.
More News & Events
A New And Easy Way To Donate! The SLC Baby Closet is in constant need of diapers and wipes to help our moms and babies in need. Now you can save the time and gas by donating through our Baby Registry by Amazon! Simply click below and your diaper donations will be sent directly to our baby closet... Read more
To the many volunteers that packaged the beautiful roses, those that lead the church sales, and those that purchased the roses, we say Thank you! Together, we raised over $30,000 to put toward our mission of helping pregnant mothers in need. Order Online The Annual Mother's Day Rose Sale is one of... Read more
This virtual baby bottle will be available in conjunction with over 9,000 actual baby bottles that have been distributed to over 46 schools and parishes in our community. This is the Sacramento Life Center’s second largest fundraiser so we truly appreciate and need your participation. We are asking... Read more